OUR PRODUCTS / PARTICULATE AEROSOLS
AMBIENT DUST MONITOR
The GRIMM #180 has been designed as stationary ambient dust monitor for the installation in a 19″-rack in a measuring container or a shelter. It was developed particularly for the continuous fine dust measurement of the values for PM10, PM2.5 and PM1 (according to EN 10 2.5 1 3 12341). The dust monitor shows the airborne dust mass in μg/m3. The resolution of the mass calculation is 1 μg/m3 with a flowrate of 72 l/h.
The #180 dust monitor takes a continuous air sample with a flow-controlled pump. The particles are measured by the physical principle of orthogonal light scattering. Here, particles are illuminated by a laser light in and the scattered signal from the particle passing through the laser beam is collected at approximately 90° by a mirror and transferred to a recipient diode. Each signal of the diode is fed, after a corresponding reinforcement, to a pulse height analyser then classified to size and transmitted in each size channel.
These counts are converted each minute to a mass distribution from which the different PM values derive. Results of the measurement are shown on the display. Over the RS 232 interface and our software program it is possible 3 to display the data as mass distribution in μg/m3 : PM10, PM2.5 and PM1.
The complete system #180 for the installation in the 19″-rack consists of the #180 dust monitor, #181 sample pipe support, sensors for temperature and relative air humidity and the #182 sampling pipe with TSP head.
The ambient dust measuring system #180 has the following advantages:
- Simultaneous determination of PM10, PM2.5 and PM1 mass value 10 2.5 1 (EN 12341)
- No sample heating, volatile components are not lost
- Temperature-, relative humidity- and pressure sensor are included
- Enhancement to a complete weather station is possible (wind-, rain sensor)
- Integrated data logger
- All data is stored on internal memory or a removable memory card (optional)
- Data can be automatically retrieved by remote access
- Customer-friendly software package
- Very low maintenance